New R4D

More
1 year 5 months ago #293 by Scott Gray
Replied by Scott Gray on topic New R4D
I have been posting on the MSFS Forum regarding why we have two modders tweaking the flight model and they are coming up with different settings. Given that nearly all data is available for the DC-3, I would think the data for the size of the aircraft, station locations, etc. would be a not hard to match. The other mod has more tweaks to the flight model then Duckworks at the moment, however, the other one actually moved the station locations by a foot which seems really odd. I feel like he might be making changes to get it to fly nice, rather than real-world accurate. Anyway, guess we will wait and see who continues to step up.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray
Chief of Naval Personnel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #292 by Cameron McAndrew
Replied by Cameron McAndrew on topic New R4D
I was wondering which mods to download for this one

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #291 by Scott Gray
Replied by Scott Gray on topic New R4D

Have been doing some research (reading manuals, watching videos, Discord, etc.) and have come to the conclusion that the Duckworks Mod is the way to go. Not only has he addressed some flight model issues (referencing real world info), but he has also enhanced numerous shortcomings of the original release model. He has many more improvements in the works, including accurate and functioning mixture and superchargers. This mod also changes the startup squence, so make sure you take a look at this Checklist , or here is what the dev posted:

NOTES:
Engine startup has been reworked from v 0.1.8+, the motor mesh switch now has three positions (left, off, right) and the logic is less forgiving. For the best success rate follow the referenced SOP steps below:
1. Right fuel booster pump "ON"; and check fuel pressure.
2. Energize starter "right engine" for 10-15 seconds (never more than 30 seconds).
3. Mesh "right engine", allowing the engine to turn over at least two rotations.
4. While engine is turning, right ignition switch - "Both".
5. Press Priming switch - "As required" to obtain a smooth start.
6. As soon as engine fires - Mixture control - "Automatic Rich". (This is done for you since the plane uses auto mixture by default, will get a full mixture auto rich/lean system later)
7. Right fuel booster pump "OFF"

* repeat for the left engine, and have your throttles opened about an inch, give her more if she is struggling, remember, those radial engines don't always listen to your commands if at first, you don't succeed, give it another shot

Additionally, another member of the Duckworks Discord channel has provided a Castering Tailwheel Mod that allows the tailwheel to be be more like the real-world aircraft. No more turning with the rudder pedals, you need to use differential braking and engine thrusts. After a dozen flights, I have finally got some good landings and staying near the center of the runway.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray
Chief of Naval Personnel
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Scott Gray.

More
1 year 5 months ago #289 by Scott Gray
Replied by Scott Gray on topic New RD4
I use this one pms50.com/msfs/ . I have the premium version so that it has full LPV capabilities. Mainly use it for the Black Square Analog King Air.

vCAPT Scott "LoVis" Gray
Chief of Naval Personnel

More
1 year 5 months ago #288 by Cameron McAndrew
Replied by Cameron McAndrew on topic New RD4
I saw you twitch from today. Where did you get the GPS From ?

More
1 year 6 months ago #275 by Cameron McAndrew
Replied by Cameron McAndrew on topic New RD4
Ill look into that

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds